“Eight months ago, Easlo didn’t have an audience online or had never generated a dollar online. Fast forward to today, and Easlo built an audience of nearly 18k followers on Twitter, over 25,000 customers on Gumroad, and has made over $25k online.”
Big Idea: Leveraging a growing platform or marketplace like Notion is a very effective way to build your audience. Another good example is Nat Eliason’s Roam course. His viral blog post led to selling more than $300k of his course.
Tim Stoddart and Ethan Brooks have a great conversation on the Creator Economy and what it takes to succeed.
• Content marketing vs Creator Economy
• Size of audience doesn’t always translate to more sales.
• Success comes down to business fundamentals. If you know how to sell you are going to sell.
• Take more shots – A tiny amount of what you do will provide the majority of income. You need to experiment.
• You need to leverage other people’s audiences to grow.
“Today’s guest has accomplished a lot of big things. He’s a Rhodes Scholar, successful consultant, author of the international best-selling book The Coaching Habit, and also the author of the new book How To Begin. In this episode, he shares a practical, step-by-step method for moving your big ideas forward.”
• Michael’s team works in 6 weeks intervals with a two-week break to evaluate and recalibrate.
• It takes about 5 years to do a big idea. How many big ideas do you have in your life?
• Most people give up too soon, rather than hang on too long.
“Without native monetization methods built into the web2 internet, the predominant business models were opaque, advertising-based, and dependent on closed-garden networks, which gave an outsized advantage to platforms. On the horizon, new business models and technologies hold promise to unlock the kind of economic opportunity and control that will lead to a true creative Golden Age for artists and creators. ”